Sunday, January 04, 2004

Now...i just got done typing...its probably the most i have typed in a while...id say since polymer engineering laboratory last year...the funny thing is 2003 is gone...i've been here almost a year and a half...and its just now that i feel like i belong...like people care for me...and to think i didn't know most of these people six months ago...i think it all changed sometime in july...when i felt like damn! i've been here in akron for about a year and i dont really have many friends...thats when it stuck...i had found the one thing, the one line that you look for to inspire your being...people! not me! you...that was it...i stopped thinking about my life about my problems...and started to make as many friends as possible...i've always been one to not make friends easily...make people come up to me and say hi...but i said....'bleep' it...i'll go up and do it differently...cricket came along...and i met a few really cool people...it was exciting to play with pads and in a league...i still remember the first match we played...it was in the beautiful hashlington ground and i went two down...the thing was, when i played for minnesota cricket club...and even in india...i always opened...never really thought about anything else...just wanted to be the steady one...and here they had two good openers...so i accepted my part...although i wanted to prove myself...yeah right...first ball duck... i dont know what i was trying to do...just went halfway onto the front foot and played uppishly....what was i thinking...to think i had to walk back towards a team i hardly knew...to people that didnt know me...with my head down...

No comments: