Sunday, January 11, 2004

Bachpan ki Yaadein Part 1

It is 5 am, and I can't sleep...so I guess i'm just gonna ramble on about my day...let's see...I just found out that I lost my freaking debit card...hold on...I used it at bestbuy today...did she give it back to me? I don't think she did...so i guess I haven't technically lost it...thats weird..just when I gave up and thought that I would just call fiifth third I remembered that I spent 5 dollars for my new handsfree kit (Read: Headset):-)...you know weird is a word that has been used a lot the last coupla months in my life...I guess you can say that I re-met a girl and things seem to be going ok...who knows right...yeah that brings me to something that I wanted to write about for a long time. WHO KNOWS WHATS GONNA HAPPEN NEXT? Actually I'm not inspired enough to write about that subject yet...So lets see...I can talk about my middle school unattainable girl... but thats a long story...hmmm...if i was in india right now, my ma would wake up and walk to my sisters room, because thats where i would be sitting wnd writing this stuff...and be like vicky, kya kar raha hain itni raat ko...and i'd be like ma, i can't sleep and she would be like...soja soja, that reminds me of the times when i was in school and my sister and myself would sleep in the same room...we had to go to bed at about 10 pm and obviously thats when the fun started...the thing about my sister was back then was that she never ever knew that she loved me...so she behaved like that...and i was always the one to be like...rachu, neend aa rahi hain kya, shed be like, soja mom sunegi to bohot maregi...now that would be followed by ten minutes of total silence, and then the forbidden, vicky, mujhe neend nahi aa rahi, lets play something....you know rach you grew up pretty f'ing quickly...now all you do is tell me what to do...man, it was only about five years ago when that was in my job description....tsish, i can tell you a lot more about my sister and myself...she was the one who always did the things you were not supposed to do...she didn't study, i dont think i would ever forget the take ups that my ma used to have for my sister, for all you firangs, a take up is when you read, or mug up, or learn the ORDER OF THE TEXT in one given chapter, and then are orally tested on that chapter...now that was a sight to watch...you knew my sister didn't read anything within thirty seconds of the oral exam by my ma...and the humor in that situation was that everybody in that room, myself my ma and my sister knew that she hadn't learnt anything, but we PRETENDED for o about three minutes that she had...I must say i had my share of laughs...specifically that point and scream laugh...which was followed by the "VICKY GET OUT" which was then followed by the scene where my sister did a most magnificent job of showing my ma how much she had tried by crying....you know thats a skill she had mastered over time...that was her ace of spades...something she knew she could pull every time that she was cornered by my ma...but, just when she got comfortable with that routine....my ma caught on....

No comments: