Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Behold I send you out as sheep amidst the wolves...

So I was watching by far one of my favorite movies, The Devil's Advocate. Now the reason it is my favorite is exactly why i am forced to write. It makes me think:

"Vanity...definately my favorite sin." Now what i am gonna say might be offensive to some so my apologies in advance. But vanity is everywhere! Human's are all about self love, instant gratification: the quick hit...me, Me, ME! The true test of love should be one's life lost for another...and that is hardly the case...in this world of self service, starbucks coffee, lean cuisine luncheons, instant car washes, and deadlines, we are drowned in ourselves, our own needs, our own requirements, and we forget that there is life beyond us...and all around us....some say that its the drive that makes you singleminded about your daily routine...but who is the drive for? what goal, what objective does this drive fulfill?

No comments: