Friday, January 23, 2004

Ma

I was trying to think of a title for this post...i couldn't come up with the one word that describes this woman entirely...except for 'ma'

I know there are countless poems, endless number of songs, and story after story that exemplifies the fact that mothers are the only selfless people in the world. Their devotion to their children is unmatched and the depth of their love unknown.

I lived in minnesota with my mamu and mami, and every time i was late for school mami used to run her hands over my head to wake me up...it was such a great way to wake up in the morning...quite unlike the way my ma wakes me up...at home (INDIA) my bed is basically about 10 inches from the floor...my ma wanted to have one room which was totally indian...with the indian paintings and artifacts and beds that were on the floor...so yeah...for college she used to have to wake me up...because she was my alarm clock...i couldn't wake up if she didn't make sure that i had made the trip to that bathroom...one day she got tired of waking me up because she had to sit down every time and shake me until i responded...so it struck her that she didn't need to...she could easily do the same just by using her feet!!! My lazy ma....

I can say that I have loved my mom since i was a kid...and respected her because that's what we were taught to do as kids...but now when i look at my ma, i see her as a person....do you get what i'm saying? i mean...when i think about all the things that she has done...and gone through for myself and my sister...and my family for that matter...it just takes my respect for her to another level...i just talked to her over the phone...that's when i realized how much i miss her....she told me that she was just talking to her friend about me...her friend was saying that I was gonna get married and settle down in the states...because i had been here too long...she was teasing my ma....so my ma said now you answer her...and i did....I'm going back HOME in April!

No comments: