Friday, June 25, 2004

Was it a tough decision

Just picked up a package from Aldrich Co., 1,1,1-trichloroethane...they say its ozone depleting and poisonous...damn....why didn't they tell me earlier...i've been literally bathing in it for days now! j/k
Anyways...was in the elevator with Dr Jana and his student Asim...when Jana asked me...Brijesh i hear you made a very tough decision...what changed your mind? It wasn't one actually...it kinda just fell on my lap...sometimes, scratch that, most times decisions are tough when you want to do something and you know by giving up on the other thing (which consequently seems like, the right thing to do) you would be letting your conscience, and people around you down...so you go with the thing that you really want! be it out of ambition, greed, or to make a point...to yourself or the world
I'm drifitng here...but yeah...i'd be crazy to want to stay away from my family...anymore!...i'd be crazy to choose a Ph.d...over four kids that i'd love to watch grow up...although the sound of that just rings a bell...i won't lie to you...but i'm here for another year...rejuvinated and refreshed and ready to learn...i'll take that over a doctorate...i will also take my mom's happiness and my dad's relief over it...any frigging day!

No comments: