Wednesday, June 02, 2004

India Trip - Part 2

Nisha's wedding

I think the best part about the wedding was the preparation for the mehendi...my sister nisha was born to dance...and i won't be suprised to see her rocking family occasions even when she is 80...so upto a month before i was supposed to go down to india...i got calls from her "vicky! better be ready to dance," i was going down about three days before the first function was planned. So i knew the first week was going to be a grind....but a grind that i would pleasantly look back upon was a suprise i'll take to the grave with me.
My mom's side of the family is the wild side...these guys have lived in spain for years, and doing so has only made them act wilder when they come back to india. So there we were, about twenty five of the wildest family members packed into my chachi's house...my favorites being my little cousins...sharan and rishi...and ofcourse simran...so we practiced, all of us kids...nisha was the choreographer...and she had five of her girl friends dancing with us...and that was another reason that it was fun because i was upto my usual flirty ways...
After our dance practice myself, sharan, rishi and simran used to get down to some serious ps2 action on a huge projector screen...with bose surround sound...btw...cricket 2004 kicks ass...anyways...i hope my boys stay as cool as they are now...for the rest of their lives...the good part about the wedding was i really got to know my other cousins...and for the first time in my life i felt like a big brother...
You see my cousin brother nicky...and myself, and his friend were playing a need for speed underground....and we were taking chances to complete the missions...he got frustrated and he threw a tantrum...this is a twenty year old kid...so i whooped on him...told him if he didn't show me some respect i'd teach him how to...and i did....it felt great...wrestled him to the ground forced him to apologize and basically bullied over him...but you know what...that's what big brothers do...and he's my boy...but he's still got so much to learn...love you bro!

No comments: